Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thirteen Vacation Tribulations of a sort.

Thurs 11/9 Blog Prompt: There are a bunch of bloggers that participate in a meme called the Thursday Thirteen. Today, you're joining them! You can write about any subject, but you have to think up 13 things. Examples: 13 things about me; 13 things I like about living where I do; 13 things my children say that crack me up; 13 things to do this weekend.

Thirteen vacations I would like to take:
1. A cruise to Alaska to see the whales the ice floes and the crisp, clean horizon.
2. Cape Cod in fall. The beautiful leaves turning and falling, the smell of the impending winter; the crash of the water against the rocks.
3. Sweden. My great grandmother is from Sweden and I would love to see the environment in which she grew up.
4. Scotland and Ireland. It may be that we have ancestors from Scotland; but I know that Pan has them from Scotland and Ireland.
5. Australia. All of it.
6. Hong Kong. The Tiger Balm Gardens, the street vendors, the restaurants, the stores.
7. Germany. My grandfather was from Germany and I didn't get to see nearly enough of it last time I was there visiting Bug.
8. Las Vegas. The Hilton, the Star Trek Experience and Quark's Bar.
9. Atlanta. Dante's Down Under and the 57th Fighter Group restaurants.
10. San Diego. The Zoo. I want to see the zoo again.
11. Hawaii. Oh but wait, I am going there next month (hehehehe)
12. Orlando. Big River Brewery and Restaurant. Want to take the grands. That would be perfect.
13. New Orleans. If it is up and going again. Any of the restaurants in the French Quarter.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Great vacation goals. I would personally reccomend Colorado because it's beautiful here (see my answer to this blog prompt). And, I grew up in Alaska, it is beautiful - I never got a chance to take a cruise, but I've heard they are breathtaking.

Unknown said...

ooh these all sound great. my best friend just got back from Vegas and said it was the most amazing spot she'd ever seen.

Meg said...

I would love to go to every one of these places! And you're going to Hawaii????? JEALOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Tink...and where is South Africa on your list? huh? huh?....mmm...I think we need to have a chat!

Unknown said...

Ummmm.. I'm switching #13 from New Orleans to South Africa, but I fully expect a personalized guided tour while I am there, LOL.

Anonymous said...

If you go to S. Africa, I wanna go!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a list!!! cool! I went to las vegas and got my photo taken with a HUGE klingon warrior and a ferengi who wanted to know what I had to trade for the photo op.