Saturday, November 18, 2006

Movie Tribulations

Weekend Prompt brought to us by Glynis: Have we ever talked about favorite movies? Or movies that make you wish you had those two hours of your life back?

This is going to be a two way tie.

The 1939 version of Gunga Din with Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., and Sam Jaffe. This also happens to be one of Bombshell's favorite movies as well. She use to crawl into bed with me when it would come on a 1 in the morning and just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Xanadu with Gene Kelly, Olivia Newton-John and Michael Beck. I don't know why it is my all time favorite other than it makes me feel good and reminds me of the movies of the 30's with the choreographed dances. Or just because it has Gene Kelly in it. (trivia for Mrs. Who - Michael Beck who plays Sonny Malone also played Abel Horn in the episode Spider in the Web on Babylon 5).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved "The Whole Nine Yards" with Matthew Perry and Bruce Willis. (LOVE Bruce Willis!)
But "The Whole Ten Yards" was SUCH a disappointment!

I'd never hated a movie until I saw that one.

Glynis said...

I loved Xanadu! It is a feel good movie and the soundtrack for that was the first cassette tape I ever bought. Wow, does that bring back memories! I so wanted to be Olivia Newton-John!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of either of these. I have seen a movie with Gene Kelly, and Cary Grant before, but cannot tell you the name as I have no idea. I don't care much for older films although I have a friend who adores B&W films and older films. She brought one with her when she came to visit, I think it was Cary Grant, and I really enjoyed it. But now I can't remember what it was called! I'll have to ask her!

Unknown said...

i havent heard of the first and while i havent seen the second i have heard lots about it. We see quite alot of Olivia Newton John here in aus in magazines and tv and there is always a mention of grease and xanadu.

Mrs_Who said...

Durn it...now you've made me go get out my B5 dvds and take a look...and now I'll get stuck on watching the whole series again from the beginning. So if I don't get my Christmas shopping done, it'll be your fault. ;)