Thursday, November 30, 2006

More Holiday Tribulations

Thurs 11/30 Blog Prompt: What if Christmas (or Chanakah, Kwanzaa, etc.) didn't require giving gifts? Would it still feel the same?

If we are speaking about receiving gifts for me, myself and I, yes it would still feel the same. I would be happy with the beautiful music, sparkling lights, happy faces and general feeling of joy.

But then again I just love giving gifts to the little ones. I love to see the shine in their eyes when they open their presents. For the really young it isn't the gift but the act of opening it (I think we are buying Indy a laundry basket this year, hehehe). To me Christmas is all about the children, explaining to them the meaning of the season and in giving gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grr. it is not letting me comment today! so again I will write: I agree with you; I don't need the presents anymore, although will graciously accept all that come my way, but LOVE to give my kids thing!

carin.c said...

Oh it is definitely for the kids excitement of opening a gift. For me I found as I got older it was the excitement of a wrapped gift that got me juiced... now I almost want to leave them wrapped and keep that feeling.