Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Handful of Tribulations

Our blog promp for today was to write about two memories that happened two years ago. I actually have mine written, but I'm not going to post it, not right now anyway.

But Love2Scrap posted part one of hers and I got such a laugh out of it, I had emailed her asking if she would like to trade her seven for one Indy for a week. She declined but it reminded me of last evening and thought I would share it with you.

Indy is a handful.

The other night he managed to bit the end off of one of those silicon capsules they put in with aspirin and I had to call the Poison control center. Okay, I didn't have to, but it was the right thing to do. The poor woman at the pcc was rolling with laughter before we hung up. (Made someone happy last night, just not me)

First she told me the silicon was not poisonous; but had a warning as it is a choking hazard. She adviced me to wash his mouth out and give him plenty to drink.

But while I was talking to her, he tried to wrap the phone cord around his neck and crawl up on a computer monitor. So in the midst of our conversation, she was hearing "Indy, you're going to choke yourself," "Indy don't do that," "Indy stop right now," "Indy get off the monitor." Remember that Bill Cosby act about Steven on the plane? Well I felt like Steven's mother last night.

As we were hanging up and with a chuckle in her voice she says "You have your hands full." No Kidding.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, this is a funny post. Just wish I could have heard Indy in the background while I was reading it!!!

Anonymous said...

lol! I have called poison control so much that when they ask me for my phone number, I alternate between my cell, my husband's cell and my home phone!!! It is amazing that kids make it! or maybe it is more amazing that WE make it!

Unknown said...

Let's see here..... You have 7; I have 1. 7, 1. 7, 1. Comparatively speaking, they will probably take me away first, LOL.

Mrs_Who said...

LOL! Glad he was okay. And I think I have Indy in my classroom! Or else, (heaven forbid!) there's another one like him out there!

carin.c said...

LOL! I frequently sound like that Mom... guess it goes with the territory of a high-energy 2 year old.