Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lemon Stand's Tribulations

Thur 1/31 Blog: Share something funny: a joke, a funny video, a story, whatever makes you laugh.

Kids, even teenage kids always say the funniest things. And none more so than my blog friend, Lemon Stand's 4 daughters. I always have to keep up with her blog, because you just never know when a gem is going to spew forth from those 'innocent' lips. Most recently it was Words of Wisdom from a 15 Year Old. Then, of course, you have to read The Warden... AKA Lemon Stand. And if you find that your thirst is just not quenched yet, make sure you click on her tag "Family Conversations."

And take a look at the gorgeous papers and elements in the layout below. They are part of the soon to be released Vintage Valentine by Derek M. Designs. I just love the rich reds, the scrumptious creams and the brass elements. I suggest you bookmark his blog so you can pick up the wonderful kit when it makes its debut.

Quick Page made from Vintage Valentine kit (c)Derek M. Designs; Fonts: Alleghieri Demo, Angelina

2 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Oh Tink dah-ling - you look FAH-bulous hanging about in the Caribbean!!!

You know, I may just start having to scraplift you so as to get some layouts done!!! I just ADORE viewing your memories SO beautifully showcased! BTW - I forgot to mention to Scamp what an AWESOME job his mama did on the layout posted for his birthday of him in Iraq. Job WELL done mamacita!!!

And if I had ANY "sense" about me - I'd be getting my kits finished and up in my store for goodness sake! This being COLD all the time is "for the birds"! Wait ... no it isn't! Even the birds have "sense" enough to fly south for the winter!!! ROFL! Now, imagine if "I" were to do that, guess where I might end up? YUP! Tink's house!!! LOL!

I LOVE Derek's work and feel badly that I've not been to his blog in SO long. I shall just have to "blog hop" on over there and take a gander and leave him some lovin'. GORGEOUS QP!!!

Something FUNNY, eh? Not hard to come up with from this household! I just remarked to Robert a bit ago as Luke was on the computer here beside our bed that I think we have DEFINITELY found the "fountain of youth". How so? Well (no pun intended), we do an awful LOT of laughing together and I'm not referring to a simple chuckle here and there. We, as you and Pan have been known to do, just about roll ourselves right off of the bed!!!

Just last night I had finished on the computer for the night and had snuggled up to Robert's backside when I hear this deep voice utter (sounding very much like that of John Wayne) ... "could you back off a bit so a man can scoot over"! OMGosh Tink, I lost it! You would have had to have heard the tone of his voice and his manner of speaking to appreciate what I found SO darned funny! I had him laughing so hard each time I repeated it and, of course, added in some of my own verbage!!! I mean, we couldn't have asked, "honey, would you mind moving over just a bit so that I'm not left hanging on the edge of the bed sometime in the middle of the night"!!! Oh NO - we had to utter in that "macho" voice masking the fact that we are REALLY afraid we might end up rolling off the edge and onto the floor!!! ROTFLMBO as the words "so a man can scoot over" are echoing in my ears!!! Okay, this probably sounds silly to you, but it really was funny and we laid and laughed for a SOLID 15 minutes or so!!!

Laughter TRULY is the BEST medicine and "doeth the heart good" - not to mention our relationships!

SWEET DREAMS darlin',
Linda :)

loonyhiker said...

I confess that I did laugh about Lemon Stand's predicament. Thanks for sharing!