Saturday, January 19, 2008

APOD #3

01/13/08. Another dual photo for today. Gotta Pixel is having a Camera Hunt challenge and one of the pictures you have to take is a close up. Now I want you to know it was very difficult to get this picture as the munchkin was very adament about getting his picture taken. That is until he thought I was taking a picture of the inside of his nose. Then all of a sudden it became imperative that I take that picture. Fortunately I got a close up, just not the close up he wanted, LOL. But look at that smile and dirty face.


01/14/08. Back when I was a young girl, my father was stationed in Thailand for a while. We did not go with him, but upon his return he brought back several souvenirs. This wood and lacquer boat is one of the things he brought back with him. On the sides of the boat are etchings which appear to be filled with gold paint. The sails are thin strips of wood. A search over the internet has not brought me any information about where in Thailand it may have been made. If anyone has any clue as to where it might have been made I sure would be interested in learning about it.

01/15/08. Early preparations for Cinco de Mayo? Not hardly. It appears the county is marking water, electric and cable lines in the neighborhood. Now if we just knew why.

From time to time they do this. The neighborhood kids get a kick of kicking them around and swiping them. Anyway, they are all over the place. We even had a few in our yard, but guess they decided our place needed to painted. I got home to paint on the driveway and in the yard. Wonder what will happen to it if it rains?



01/16/08. With the scanner broken and no new one in site for a while, I thought I would see what I could do about just taking pictures of my pictures. As you can tell it is going to take a lot of work to figure out the best way to do it. At least for me. But then maybe I had just better start saving my money and buy a new scanner.










01/17/08. When Nuke was in Japan, he picked up these adorable dolls for the Princess and Indy. Surprisingly enough they do reflect the attitudes and personality of each child. I keep them here so they don't get broken at home. Don't know what keeps them from getting broken here :)

01/18/08. Do you remember the crayons from grade school? The only ones I remember are pretty much the basic colors with periwinkle, burnt sienna and peach thrown in for good measure. Nowadays they come with colors like mauvelous, timberwolf, chestnut, wisteria, macaroni and cheese (m&c, come on now), tumbleweed, granny smith apple, purple mountains majesty, scarlet (which looks orange to me) and dandelion. I wonder who must make up the names for colors and can I get a job doing that?



01/19/08. It is such a dreary day with rain and the temperature has already dropped 3 degrees in the last hour. The kids are arguing about an x-box game so it is going to turn out to be a very frustrating day as well. Might as well make the most of it and take a picture of something that brightens my day. This is Claudia. She is a Build-A-Bear that the Princess made for us several years ago at Christmas. When you press her paw, she says "I Love You Tink & Pan."

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Gorgeous photos, Tink...thanks for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

If you remind me when my neighbor is back from Thailand and I can show her the picture and ask.

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

OMGosh Tink, if that is NOT the CUTEST and SWEETEST build-a-bear!!! I've NEVER had one, but have heard SO much about them from those that have gone to the build-a-bear factory and made one!!! I just BEAMED when I read that it says, "I love you Tink and Pan", when pressing it's paw!!! Awwwww .... Princess gets an A+++++ for coming up with this gift idea!!!

Hugs,
Linda

P.S. I ALWAYS come over here and OOOOOOO and AHHHHHH over your layouts girlfriend - GORGEOUS work!