Monday, January 28, 2008

Toyland Tribulations

Mon Blog Prompt 1/28: Today is the 50th Anniversary of the Lego! In honor of that, answer this question. What were your favorite toys or games when you were a child?

Actually there are two toys that I remember quite vividly. One was a giant Panda bear that my uncles had brought up to ddpup and I when we were living in Arkansas. She and I loved that bear. The other was a walking doll. It was almost like having a second sister, LOL. She and the Pup were just about the same height so they could share clothes. Then, of course, there were the Barbie dolls. We had the best dressed dolls around since mom made all their clothes and most of their furniture.

Outside we loved to play hide and seek, especially around dusk. Living on an Air Force base there were always children around and a group of a half a dozen or more could be found at any one time to play. And there was always a game of tag to be played.

Something a little different today. Instead of a scrapbook page, here is my desktop for next month. This was a challenge at Gotta Pixel.


Template by Scrapittydoodah; Mega-Mall freebie kit (c)Paula Yagisawa, Michelle Swadling, Kristmess, Kathryn Estry & Christina Wall; Calendar (c)Lunica

5 comments:

Tammy said...

I lived on the base for a few years too and like you said, always plenty of children to play with and ride bikes with.

Musings from the Smartest Man in the World said...

When we lived in Cleveland I remember we had a Green Machine. Kind of like a Big Wheel, but way cooler. Second was "Adventure People". We had tons of them. Always something to do with them. When we moved to Washington it was BB guns and fishing poles.

loonyhiker said...

You were so lucky to live on a base with other kids. I bet you never got lonely. I bet the clothes your mom made were great too!

Glynis said...

No way I could count the number of games of Tag I played and you're right about living on base...we were never without a neighborhood full of kids!

Stephani said...

How completely fun. Oh! The days of playing outside for hours and hours and never wanting to come back in the house. Such wonderful memories. How fun! I love your screen desktop screen. Of course I am bias because I love everything and anything purple. It is super super cute.