Saturday, January 12, 2008

APOD #2

Sleepy little fellow. Bombshell brought him over and all he wanted to do was crawl under the covers and go back to sleep. He was not at all happy with me taking pictures. Later in the day we took down the Christmas tree and you were okay with it while it was just the lights and decorations. But once he came out to check, the tree was gone and he demanded Pan put it back up.


Red, red wine. Isn't that how the song goes? Good for you in moderation so they say. And how my taste in wine has changed over the decades. In my twenties it was the sweet dessert, white and zins that tickled my palette. In my thirties and early forties, the dryer whites and brut champagnes are what I craved. But somewhere in my middle forties, I discovered that very dry red wines were the ones I preferred the most. And what would this be without a list of some of my favorites:

Red:
HRM Rex-Goliath Pinot Noir
Chateau Ste. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon
Louis & Martini Cabernet Sauvignon
Chateau Ste. Michelle Merlot
Marques de Riscal Rioja
Red Bicyclette Syrah
Fat Bastard Shiraz

White:
Santa Margheritta Pinot Grigio
Senor De Morana Verdejo
Toad Hollow Chardonney (this is wonderful for cooking with too)

And that delightful crystal red wine glass was a Christmas present from Bombshell.


Five days. That is all it has been since I took the picture of the icicles on the tree and the temperature plummeted into the teens. Today it is overcast and the temperatures are in the mid 70's. Like so many here in NW Florida, we don't care which way it goes at this time. Just pick one and stay there at least for a month or two.


"The Library" was always in what is now Pan's workshop room, but it is now sporting additional shelves to hold all the technical manuals he has accumulated over the years and which had been stacked in piles in front of the books shelves we already had in place and which now can be seen and reached. Although you are only getting a look at the middle section of it. But you can see how well read those books are. Even the hardback books get a good going over.


Memories of a Wedding include our champagne glasses, my headpiece, one of the wedding invitations, a marriage certificate, Pan's boutonniere, my floral fan bouquet as well as those of the bridesmaids, adorn a rice tray. If we manage to get a flatscreen tv for the living room then this will be moved to our bedroom. And after taking a look at it, I really think I need to get some canned air and try to clean it up.

Little trivia... We printed our own invitations. I had the headpiece specially made but I made the fan bouquet myself, both mine and the girls. We were married in a "ballroom" and as I was coming out from a side room, my garter slipped and I tried to gently kick it off, but it went flying into the midst of the guests. I also made all the finger foods for the reception except the cake and the shrimp platter. At the reception, I hit Pan's boss in the head with a rubber dart from a dart gun. He was not amused. As we were leaving and every one was preparing to toss the birdseed, Pan pulled an semi-automatic water gun from his jacket and started shooting everyone. My father-in-law bought a case of champagne and we ended up taking most of it on our honeymoon with us. When we were leaving the condo, Pan didn't want to tote them down 3 flights so he tied a rope around the handle of an ice chest, filled it and lowered it over the balcony. When it got the bottom of the 2nd floor the rope came untied. Okay, that was alot of trivia.


Technologically speaking Pan likes being on the cutting edge and have the latest and greatest techno toys. Who am I kidding here, certainly not you? I like them as well. And when Microsoft came out with their new smart phone last year, we had two of them put on hold for us. Except for me it is just something for showing off to geeky friends, since, other than the camera, it is just a phone. I have no internet access and limited texting. Pan uses his; but I'm afraid for me it is just a glorified toy, oh and a phone too.


This seems to be a week of me. That's probably good from my stand point. Sorry if it is boring to you. Here we have my cup of green tea that I have been sipping on all evening. Normally I wouldn't use tea bag green tea, but I have finally ran out of my loose leaf tea. When we head back to Orlando and Universal this May we will have to make sure to take some time to hit Epcot's Japanese Pavilion to pick up another year's supply. And how about that cup? Yes, my house if full of Tink souvenirs. I even have a set of china coffee cups with Tink on them. But that is a photo for another day.


Template 1 by petit moineaux; Raspberry Goodness (c)Raspberry Road Designs; Fonts: vtks_estilosa, Sue Ellen Fransisco

No comments: