Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tribulations of Book Done Read

Thur 1/10 Blog Prompt: "Red Carpet week" continues with awards going today to.. My Favorite Books of 2007

With the winner being "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," by J.K. Rowling. The runner up is "Brother Odd," by Dean Koontz.

For all the controversy surrounding the last book of the Harry Potter series, I think she did an excellent job of wrapping it up. But if she ends up writing an encyclopedia of the Harry Potter series, I will definitely be buying it. :)

The only thing I regret about "Brother Odd" is that I didn't realize I had not bought the second book in the series "Forever Odd." While the third book can be read without the benefit of reading either of the first two, I would have preferred to have read it anyway. I'm quirky in that kind of way.

Other than those two, which were bought in 2007, most of the other books I read this past year are those we have in our "library."

Template 7 by Courtney Wilson; Whimsical Winter kit (c)Megan Farrow (Flergs); Fonts: Burst My Bubble; Christmas

5 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Now you make me want to go reread Brother Odd. I didn't know there were others out there so I'll have to check that out too!

Yin said...

I haven't read either, but have watched the Harry Potter movies - I was lazy!!

Hi Tink, I loved your Icicles layout! And LOVE the one of your sis' kids walking down the road.

And Jared went through the Padawan training too! It was absolutely the most fantastic moment of his Disney trip - they are so good at making the children's dreams come true, aren't they?

Glynis said...

Love love that layout...I think I feel a scrapblift coming on! And I wanted to read the 'Odd' series, too, just haven't gotten around to it.

Neverland Scraps said...

That's a very pretty layout, glistening!! I love the photos--just too beautiful!!

My mother reads Dean Knootz. She has a whole slew of authors that she reads. I usuaully pick her up 5 books a week when we go to Storyhour!!

You are too sweet for the comments left on my gallery. You are right, I dont know of any other community where Tink and Neverland are together!!

Have a great weekend!!

Census said...

I lvoe your layout..those icles..brr!! Great work!
I read loads, mostly at night to clear the scrapping out of my head for sleep, lol! I'll have to have a peek at the Odd books, they sound interesting.
Thanks also for your kind words on my blog!