Friday, January 04, 2008

Finding a Cherimoya may be a bit of a Tribulation

Fri Blog Prompt 1/4: Okay, those of you who know me, know that it's hard to have a week go by without my wanting to talk about food so ... Is there a new food you want to try this year? Or a new recipe you want to make?

Gosh, I'm going to have to put my brain in gear for this one. Especially since I have eaten cuisine from China, Japan, India, Thailand, Guam, Germany, England, New England, Ireland, the Mid-West and California, not to mention the down home cooking and creole cooking of the south.

But I have never had a cherimoya, that I am aware of. I'll have to see if I can find one around the parts or see of one of the grocery stores can order some, since they are now vying with one another for the most unusual fruits and vegetables. And I just found a recipe for a cherimoya and lemon frozen daiquiri.

Sketch by Snap and Scrap; Boys Toys kit (c)Tabby Lewis; Stitching (c)Vendula Sediva; Logo (c)Disney; Font: Burst My Bubble

5 comments:

Beachcomber said...

That looks like an interesting fruit. I have never heard of or seen one of these. When you find one. let me know how it is.

loonyhiker said...

I'm so glad you linked to the description of this. I have never heard of it before. I want to know where you find it too.

Glynis said...

You will definitely have to tell us if you do get to try one. And Jackson is standing here looking at your layout and we were just remembering how scared he was of the baby Einstein dragon too. I thought it was just my kid :)

ArtcTrish said...

LOL....Ashleigh was scared of the dragon too!!!! SHe would hide behind the sofa! But my kids watched these videos for hours ( I know, bad mom). Looking forward to seeing your word described!

Unknown said...

I thought the picture looked familiar. It's a custard apple, well that's what I know it as. I haven't tried one either but I love trying new things out. I might see if I can find one.