Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Old Clothes and Tribulations

Tues Blog Prompt 1/22: Have you ever gotten 'attached' to a piece of clothing? One you didn't want to get rid of, even when you knew you should?

Oh yeah. In fact I still have it. Nuke gave me a Greeneville t-shirt many moons ago and I wore it out. It has holes all the way through it. But I just won't give it up. Everybody has forbidden me to wear it around them, LOL. I do have a replacement now, but I still can't seem to toss the old one in the trash. There really is no story behind it. It was just a shirt from the Nuke while he was in the Navy and stationed on the Greeneville. I guess I'm just a little sentimental :)

Template crée par Céline031; Raspberry Goodness (c)Raspberry Road; Stitching (c)Lisa Carter; Font: Sue Ellen Francisco

3 comments:

Glynis said...

I thought of this prompt because I have (of all things) a Tinkerbell sweatshirt that I've had since before Danae was born and I realized I get attached to clothes easily. Thanks for sharing..although now I want to see a photo! :)

loonyhiker said...

I find it interesting that we all have our comfort clothes! LOL I like that your shirt said Greeneville because if you took the 3rd e out, it would be my city!

Musings from the Smartest Man in the World said...

I have a T-shirt I bought at the Navy Exchangelast time I was in Hawaii. It's a plain grey shirt that says 24/7 dad. It's getting a few holes and has a couple of paint stains. I love that shirt.