Friday, January 25, 2008

A Library of Tribulations

Fri Blog Prompt 1/24: What's on your reading list? How many books are waiting in the queue?

Funny this should come up after I just bought three books, LOL. Right now I am reading "The Last Days of Krypton by Kevin Anderson. A sort of prequel to the Superman series, which takes us through the meeting and marriage of Jor-El and Lara, the relationship between Jor-El and Zod, and what really happened to Kandor.

Next on the list will be "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz. I had said a couple of posts back that I had bought and read "Brother Odd" not realizing I had missed the second one. I am making up for it here :)

After which I will read "Dead Until Dark" by Charlaine Harris, touted to be A Southern Vampire Novel. I have heard they were amusing and I guess I will find out for myself sometime in the next week. Part of me really wants it to be; another not so sure. I don't need to get hooked on a series of books.

After those, in no particular order, I will read "Deception Point" by Dan Brown; "Fortress of the Sun" by Paul Cook; "The Face" by Dean Koontz; "Star Trek Academy Collision Course" by William Shatner and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens (which I have started on multiple occasions and just can't seem to get in to); and "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King (as well as about 4 other Stephen King books I didn't even realize I had). Oops, found another one we've had for ages that I haven't read yet, "The Hollow-Eyed Angel" by Janwillem van de Wetering. I will also try to find time to re-read "Infinity and the Mind The Science and Philosophy of the Infinite" by Rudy Rucker. I would also like to find time to really read "The Nag Hammadi Library" by James Robinson. It is intense though and really requires concentration which I don't have when the kids are around. Oh well, I'll still have it when Indy starts school, I can read it then, right?

I also have 5 different versions of the Bible and 3 different dictionaries that I would like to read as well. (Yes, I read dictionaries. Devour them, more likely).

Template by Monica McGill; Gotta Pixel November Mega kit (c)digidiva, Paula Yagisawa, Sarah Meyer & Michele Pieters; Font: Windsong

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Wow! What an awesome reading list! When in the world do you find time to read?

mom2triplets04 said...

Wow that's a long list of books. I added the Dean Koonz Odd Thomas to my list of books I'd like to check out from the library. Maybe summer reading.