Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Quotely Tribulations

Tues Blog Prompt 1/15: Post a quote that you like and write about why it means something to you.
Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage: the wife is in charge. ~Bill Cosby
Pan would probably tell you that is the way it is our household (though not really true). But it reminds me of a conversation between my dad and myself about seven years after Pan and I had been married. I just wish I could remember why he had called, as dad didn't call that often, leaving that up to my mother.

Anyway, called he did and asked what I was doing. Then the conversation played out....
"Playing on the computer."
"What is Pan doing?"
"Washing dishes."
"Washing dishes?"
"Yes, that is what he does after he finishes the laundry."
"Laundry?"
"Oh yes. I also need to tell him the windows need to be cleaned."
"What ARE you doing?"
"Playing on the computer."
"Why aren't you washing dishes?"
"It was in our pre-nupt. I did all the housework for seven years and then he did it for the rest of the marriage."
"sputter, sputter... pre-nupt? sputter"
"Definitely. You do know I work for an attorney, right?"
"sputter, sputter.... YOU get off your @ss right now and do the dishes..."
I lost it about right there and was rolling on the floor. Pan had to take the phone and explain that it was part of the contract and that yes he signed it. Poor daddy. One of the best jokes I ever played on him. LOL. Guess it could be that he never got around to telling me why he was calling, which may be why I don't remember.

Template 106 by Andrea Gold; Raspberry Goodness (c)Raspberry Road Designs; Fonts: vtks_estilosa, Sue Ellen Fransisco

2 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

OMGosh Tink - you bout had me off of my chair girlfriend!!! And I just had a flashback (a REALLY good one) of how you and I first met on my blog and you told me about how you used to send birthday cards from all over the world!!! Your poor dad - you'd think he'd have figured you out, but then, I still fall for Robert's pranks after nearly seven years. I am SO gullible!!!

I stopped by to ask if you could e-mail me your e-mail address as I'm not seeing it posted here anywhere! But then, it could be my overly tired eyes that need to close for the night! I wish to send you a little something!

lindawalton@3scrapateers.com

You are such a HOOT and you ALWAYS put a HUGE smile on my face and MUCH of the time I find myself CHUCKLING out loud to me, myself and I!!! ROFL! Cannot you just visualize that? LOL!

GORGEOUS layout by the way - I need to start saving your layouts for inspiration!!! You know, good 'ol scraplifting!!!

BIG HUGS,
Linda

P.S. I will give a report and post some photos of my day at the OB's tomorrow. Shhhhh .... doctor found something growing outside and between the legs, but, he has been incorrect lately and, of course, makes no guarantees!!! The kids are going an hour away to have one of those 3-D ultrasounds done in color and where they give you a video too!!! How cool is that!

Sandra said...

hahaha. Love to play little jokes like that on my dad. Also, we collaborate on jokes to play on Dew.

A well run house doesn't mean YOU do all the work. Delegation is key.

Bravo.