Sunday, October 01, 2006

The Tribulations of a Maniacal Newlywed

Last Bug story for a while. I promise (that is unless something really funny comes up).

How well do you really know your spouse? If you have been married for some time, you probably know him or her quite well. If not so long, give it time, you will. That is unless you have married the Maniacal Newlywed.

Pan and I had just gotten back from our honeymoon and were settling into the routine of married life. Easier for me as I had been married before and pretty much knew what to expect. I thought.

So it is our first night home, we crawl into bed so that we can get a good night's sleep before having to go back to work in the morning. Did I mention we had a waterbed? One of those full wave ones, in fact. So when I was being bounced around in the middle of the night, I woke up.

And there was my prince in shining armor sans the armor, buck nekkid, jumping up and down on the bed and waving a machete around, the only thing I could think of was how could I sneak out of bed and out the door without him noticing. When suddenly he noticed I was awake. He very carefully put the machete down as I warily watched his every move and then explained to me that a:

Cockroach had crawled across him. Oookay, things to remember: The machete gets locked up and I must remember NOT to touch him in his sleep.

It has been 17 1/2 years now and we are still happily married, but for you youngsters out there, do you know where your spouse keeps the machete?

And speaking of bugs, you need to check out the slideshow at the Science and Engineering Visualization Challenge. No, it's not all bugs, just one in fact, but very interesting with a cool download.

6 comments:

Glynis said...

LOL--you always share a great story that never fails to make me smile! Thanks.

carla said...

This is great! I am still laughing! The machetti is locked tight in the shed but I think there is a samari sword somewhere around here! Wonderful story! TFS!!

heather said...

LOL Tink! A machete on a waterbed... ROFL

carin.c said...

ROFLOLOL... gave a much needed laugh - great great story!! (and good advice to boot!)

Richmond said...

Holy Crap!!

But what I want to know, is did ke kill the cockroach???

Unknown said...

For those who want to know....

The cockroach got away.