Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Scary moment tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: In honor of Halloween, write about a time you were scared.

I am sure there a loads of times that I have been scared but only one really stands out in my mind (okay two). First time was when ddpup and I talked mom into letting us ride the Bullet. They had to stop it to let us off, lol.

But remember when I was married to my first husband and was pregnant with the Nuke. I always have had night terrors but they were worse when I was pregnant. I made the mistake of telling one of them to my ex.

To set the scene, we lived out in the middle of nowhere. There was a cow pasture behind the house filled with Brahma bulls who always got out and came up to the windows. We didn't have any a/c, so we left the windows open all the time. The head of the bed was up against one of these open windows. And I was seven months pregnant.

After several weeks while we (read I) were sleeping he put his hand behind my head and spider crawled it over me. Needless to say, I woke up screaming my head off; ex did not expect that reaction and tried to get off the bed to turn on the light, but I was to terrified to let him. So he had to sit there for 15 minutes with me screaming at the top of the lungs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

serves him right! I hope you smacked him when you calmed down

Glynis said...

Men just don't get it, do they? LOL

loonyhiker said...

oooooh that spider story made me shudder until I finally closed the "window"! lol

Karen Bowers said...

foolish man! you never mess with a sleeping pregnant woman. just bad.

i remember watching Barton Fink while pregnant. eventually it freaked me too much and i just started screaming too. needless to say my guy turned the video off. i think he watched the end of it later, but i'm not sure.

carin.c said...

What posesses men to do these things??? And to pregnant woman no less! Hope you got some good payback! :)