Thursday, October 19, 2006

Friendship vs. Tribulations

Thursday Blog Prompt: How did you meet your closest female friend?

I met her at work. I had been working for the newspaper for 5 or 6 years when she was hired as a sales rep. I really wasn't sure how it was going to work out as she was pretty gruff, headstrong and loud. But as the years went by, she started meeting Pan & I at the boat after work on Fridays for our weekly dock parties.

She was still gruff, headstrong and loud, but loyal to a fault. We are still very good friends but don't see one another as much as we use to. I'll have to give her a call and see if we can rectify that once Nuke is gone.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

It's funny because one of the women I listed was one that I didn't really like right off the bat...she just struck me wrong, but somehow after all these years I consider a great friend. First impressions, huh?

Karen said...

It's good that this prompt has reminded you to catch up with your friend again. It's a problem in our busy lives that we tend to let these things slip if they're not 'in our faces' all the time. And I don't exclude myself from that fault.

loonyhiker said...

Sometimes opposites help keep our feet on the ground. Hope you reconnect with her soon.