Monday, October 23, 2006

Artsy Tribulations

Monday Blog Prompt: What type of art do you like best? Do you have a favorite artist?

I like all types of art.. paintings, sculptures, etc. My home is full of paintings since it seems that most of my family got inherited the painting genes (self excluded). We have a lot of paintings from Pan's grandmother, one of which is a painting of her paintings. Nuke use to paint all the time and has a degree in fine art, so we have one or two of his around as well. Although he was really more into pen & ink than actual oil or pastel painting. I'll have to see if I can find the picture of the painting he was commissioned to do for the Fred Astair Studio here.

Bombshell's art was more abstract and her favorite artist is Monet. Scamp always favored photography and even took classes in developing film. Scamp's wife, Honey, is multi-talented. She made her wedding dress and makes all her own formals. For Christmas one year, she made me a glass mold of Ballerina's hand.

As far as what artist I like best. I would have to say it is everyone in my family. They are very talented and while they may never become famous for it, their work will always have a place in my home.

As far as the What Famous Work of Art I am... It is pretty accurate today. Pan's black cloud has spread over to the beginning of this week. Looks like my transmission is gone and will have to be replaced.


You Are Best Described By...

The Scream
By Edvard Munch

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get any painting abilities either... ;-)

Lemon Stand said...

My father got all the artistic genes and it skipped me. I must say though that my favorite art form may have to be 'Nose' Art from the WWII bombers. I always wanted to have one of those 'full' figures. Still wishing for it...

Karen said...

Yes I'm a Monet fan too. And I did the 'What work of Art are you?' thing and it came back with:

San Giorgio Maggiore, Twilight
By Claude Monet

loonyhiker said...

I'm a Monet fan too. But I unfortunately don't have enough artistic talent to fit in a thimble!

Meg said...

Oh no! The Scream!!

I wish I could come meet your family and see your house! I love being surrounded by artistic people, especially when they use so many different mediums. How wonderful for you!

carin.c said...

Exotic beauty and artistic... are you guys for real?! Sounds like a really interesting bunch. You must be proud. :)