Thursday, October 05, 2006

Hearing Tribulations

Thursday Blog Prompt: What can you hear right now, right where you're sitting? See how detailed you can get.

First and foremost I hear the television. "Ghost in a Shell" is on. Nuke is watching it while he looks up information for parts for his jeep. Occasionally he will chortle, or murmur something so low it is hard to hear.

In addition, I hear the a/c running. Actually it is the fan of the a/c. I think there might be a problem if I actually heard the a/c.

I also hear ringing. Yep I have ringing in the ears. Sometimes it is louder, sometimes softer, but always there. Below that I can hear some kind of music. Not from the house but like the radio waves of a song floating through the air.

I expect the refrigerator will kick in soon or the ice maker will dump another load of ice, but not yet.

Yet if I am very still, very quiet I can hear a bird warbling in the neighborhood. Oops not anymore, a plane flew by. Better a plane than the bombs dropping at the bomb range down the street. They usually do that in the morning, the mornings I want to sleep late and can.

The bird is back now. Must be next door though as it is very faint.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that must be a bit of a pain to live so close to a bomb range! (sounds rather dangerous actually!) i know i get upset if im trying to sleep in and my dog barks! lol

carin.c said...

Isn't that always the way with those bombs? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Myself, chomping on a piece of gum and my little heater. My office is freezing!

Anonymous said...

I'm very sound sensitive and if I have continual noise I get really bad headaches. i guess in a way it's a good thing I only have 1 child and not 3.

michele
lettersfromnyc.mu.nu

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at carin's comment!!!LOL