Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Television Tribulations

Wednesday Blog Prompt: TV-Scourge of the devil, necessary evil, or love it, want to marry it?

When my favorite shows are on, of course, I love it. Yet it seems to be a necessary evil in these days and times. With a toddler underfoot most of the day, it is nice to have something on that will catch his attention for a short span. But wouldn't you know, his favorite show (next to the movie "Curious George") is one that drives me nutso. He absolutely loves "Wonder Pets" and now has discovered he can watch it on the computer too. Pulling my hair out here.

But it is a nice reprieve for me too. We kind of have a schedule:

Wednesdays - Mythbusters or Histories Mysteries
Thursdays - Smallville and Decoding the Past (tomorrow night may end up watching National Geographic though)
Fridays - This is an easy day... Stargate SG-1; Stargate Atlantis; Monk or Numb3rs
Saturdays - any of the discovery channels
Sundays - House and Boston Legal
Mondays - any of the discovery channels
Tuesdays - The Closer and Saved

If our favorite shows are not showing then we either put in a dvd; watch one of the discovery channels or turn it off.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pretty much don't watch tv. I'm just too busy. In the frigid temps of winter weekends we do rent movies. Three to be exact: 1 for my son, 1 for me on Sat. night and 1 we can watch together. I have veto power over his choices though.

loonyhiker said...

It's neat that you have a schedule of what you want to watch. I'm not that organized.

Lori said...

TV is nice when you need a get away.

Anonymous said...

We're trying so hard to cut way back on our tv watching. We're succeeding.

mom2triplets04 said...

we've watched wonder pets a couple of times. I don't think my kids were interested when I had it on. I will have to try it again now that they are older. Right now their favorite is sesame street and they even ask for it.

carin.c said...

Wow I can't even remember what is on from one day to the next!

Glynis said...

Sounds like a great schedule!

Anonymous said...

have you seen the Discovery Atlas series on recently? It's been really interesting, doing a year in teh life of people in various countries