Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Extracurricular Tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: If you were back in school and could join any extracurricular activity (no try-outs or cool kids ), which club, sport, or other activity would you choose?

No brainer here, I would still join the one I was in while in school... the Latin Club. I actually wish I had kept up with my Latin after getting out of school. We had so much fun in our "club," planning Roman activities during school field days. It seems to me that we had more time off from subjects in the high school I attended than they do now and still learned a whole lot more, lol.

But we also spent our time talking to one another in Latin, writing letters to each other in Latin and just being Roman. One of the things we had to do in class was to assume a persona and write a journal of our day to day life. This is included our jobs; housing; spouse; children; servants, if any. These personas spilled over into our club.

4 comments:

Karen said...

How cool. It's a bit like talking in a very private language nowadays. But better than a made up one like Klingon because it is a true language.
I live by the motto 'veni vici vendere' (sorry if I have the conjugation wrong, all I can remember of my Latin is amo amas amat...)

loonyhiker said...

This is cool! I never went to a school that had a Latin club. This sounds interesting.

Glynis said...

What a fascinating club--and what a way to get young people interested in an amazing culture.

Anonymous said...

I'd join the dance sluts, if only I could change their name to dance sluts . . .