Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Living tribulations

Wednesday Blog Prompt: If you could live in any era of history, what would it be, and why?

My first reply would be right now is fine. Maybe a little in the future if I was sure everything was going to good, like now war or famine, child abuse and that sort of thing. I like having the luxuries now available; cars, planes, computers, indoor plumbing, grocery stores and did I say computers? :)

If I could "visit" any era, I would like to check out ancient Rome or maybe the era of Alexander the Great. I would love to visit the great library of Alexandria before it was destroyed.

But I like living in the era we are living now, even with its faults. It could be worse.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm with you Tink. It'd be great to visit other periods in history (and by the way, only as a rich person because I don't think it would be much fun if you were poor) but I'd struggle without my comforts of 'civilisation'.

Roses said...

Oooo! I've always thought I should've been born back far enough to perform in all those radio dramas.
That always seemed like an adventurous time to me... and there were still some pretty good luxuries. ;-)

carin.c said...

I agree.. fascinating to think that not even 100 years ago was so different than now.