Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tribulations of being Married to a Director

Well it seems the black cloud may be turning a softer grey. I got a new truck today. A 2003 Ford F-150 Supercrew. Now I have to get use to driving an automatic again. I think I really like it. Also T-Mobile came out with the Dash today, so I got a new cell phone; combo phone, camera and pda. Neat little keypad.

The bug messaged me tonight to see if her video was working and discovered that mine was actually plugged in and working too. Fortunately it was pointing at the back of my monitor.

So what does all this have to do with the subject. Not much, other than we drove to Barnes & Nobles to pick up the books Pan ordered in the new truck and stopped to pick up the phones first.

Anyway, we get up to the counter to get and pay for the books with Pan whips out his credit card and the cashier takes a look at it and then at Pan; back to the credit card and back to Pan.

"You, You're PAN!" exclaims the young man. Pan (& I assume the young man is being factitious) so he responds in kind, "Sure am." (Of course, I know he is, you know he is and can you see where this is going yet?)

Young man: "Are you here for a movie?" Pan: "I don't keep up with them." Still thinking the guy is teasing with him, he mentions that he once worked with George Lucas. Before you say, oh yeah right, let me tell you, Pan really did, just wasn't THE George Lucas with Star Wars.

Upon seeing the guy's eyes getting as big as quarters, Pan realizes that he was being perfectly serious. And apparently reads the credits. There is a director who has the same exact name as Pan, and this young man recognized it and even knew said director was going to come to our area to do a film at one time.

So how is that for making your day?

8 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

That is too funny!

Glynis said...

How funny! THAT is a GREAT story!

carin.c said...

Cute story - good luck with the new toys:)

Rachelle Jones said...

I have the supercrew too, lets pray to God gas does not hot 3$ again...because holy crap....

it was gettin spensive!!

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

It's these moment which keeps life going...The unexpected fun.

Anonymous said...

can he get my George's autograph? :)

loonyhiker said...

Ask your hubby where he is hiding all the money that a director makes!!!lol

Anonymous said...

This would only happen to you and Pan. And when you told me the story I was laughing because I could see the dead pan face Pan would make. LOL!