Saturday, October 21, 2006

More on Weekend Tribulations

You know yesterday when I said I was going out of town for the weekend?

Welllll, we left last night. Pan was driving, I was up front with him and Indy was safely ensconced in the backseat. Now we were leaving when Pan got off from work so we are not talking about an early morning start here.

Less than five miles from the interstate's bay bridge my car decides to stop working. (I am hoping it is just the clutch and not the entire transmission.) Still it is night, we are stopped on the side of the interstate with a toddler in the backseat.

By now I think you have figured out we got somewhere. Nuke was behind us and I managed to get him on his cell before he passed us... just. He pulled up and the two guys took a look at my suv while Indy and I sat in it.

Finally I suggested that we put the car seat in the front seat of Nuke's jeep (not kosher I know, but just listen) and then meet my sister on the other side of the bridge while Pan calls for a tow.

This we did and ddpup takes Indy, while I stay with Nuke so he won't get lost on the way to mom's house. On the way there Pan calls and says the tow will be at least an hour getting to him.

Finally everyone gets to mom's. The car is towed to Pep Boys (my absolutely favorite place .... NOT. Another story) and this morning we will find out if I can get it back this weekend. So if you don't hear from me tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having had my own transmission problems only 2 months ago, I so sympathize with you. espeically the late night toddler bit. I hope it is a simple fix!

Mrs_Who said...

I once dated a guy simply because he was a mechanic...very handy in situations like this. Hope your car can be fixed w/o too much tribulation or cash!!