Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Relationships and Tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: Celebrate your relationship with someone in your life. It doesn't have to be a spouse, it could be kids, parents, or even the mail carrier that waves to you everyday!

I think I'm still tired, my mind is a complete blank. Really... Totally... Blank.

I think every is aware of just how special Pan is to me. As I once mentioned, he taught me that there really is magic surrounding us. He also showed me that romance has not died.

After we married, I was working in one city and he in the town where we lived. Once or twice a month he would call to ask me to meet him for dinner in the city between the two. He always got there first. I would show up and out would come the waiter or waitress with my drink and a rose. On my birthdays or our anniversaries he always took the rose up ahead of time, since we would be going together.

Periodically, for a week or so, I will get in my car and there would be a card. Just an "I love you" card. Not because of a holiday, birthday or anniversary, just because.

When he orders flowers, it is always from my favorite florist. Part is because he knows it annoys the boss' wife and that tickles me and part, because the florist has the most beautiful and unusual arrangements. Pan has him on speed dial, along with my favorite restaurant.

For being married to such a man, I am sadly lacking in the romance department. Oh, I indulge his quirks, boost his confidence, love him dearly and try to get him anything his heart desires (still working on that particle collider), but I could never be the romantic that he is.

So a toast to Pan, may our lives together always hold the magic, romance and love that you bring to it on a daily basis.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow, tink, that is amazing and so special. you are blessed to have such a man in your life!

Glynis said...

What a beautiful post...you are both very blessed.

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such a devoted romantic husband. My hubby is devoted, but sadly very much lacking in the romantic one!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a beautiful post!

Meg said...

What a wonderful man he is!! My dh is the romantic one in our family, too, but not nearly to that extent! Lucky, lucky you!

loonyhiker said...

This was so romantic, it brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing this. I felt like I was watching the Love Channel on cable TV!

Mrs_Who said...

Oh, you are so blessed. Thank for sharing - romance is still alive and kicking!

Karen said...

You may not be a romantic Tink, but at least you appreciate that he is. I particularly like the 'I Love You' card for no particular reason.

carin.c said...

I think I said this once before... "wish I had a Pan". That hope is still alive. Enjoy every moment:)

Michelle Butticci said...

I bet if you asked him, he would find amazing qualities about you. May not be romance but my guess is that you bring something equally amazing to the partnership. Go ahead, ask!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Michell,
Tink picked the perfect song for our wedding. "Your my inspiration" by Chicago. She is my inspiration. Her love and support has helped me become the person that I am.
To quote a short part of the song:
"You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration.
You bring feeling to my life, you're the inspiration.
Wanna have you near me, I wanna have you hear me sayin',
No one needs you more than I, need, you. "
Love ya Tink!