Thursday, October 12, 2006

Tribulations of the Clutter Queen

Thursday Blog Prompt: How big a role does clutter play in your life? Do you worry about it at all? Why or why not?

My middle name is clutter. I save everything but am not not one those that has a place for everything so it ends up in bags stacked under other things or stuffed in a drawer or closet. If it is something one of the kids have done, I have to save it. You may never know when I might get around to scrapbooking with it or scanning it in. I have a stack of drawings I need to get scanned in just so I can throw the originals out. Aghhhhh, when and where does it end? I need help.......

Do I worry about it? Of course I do. I hate clutter. I detest it, but get so frustrated when I try to do something about it. I would love to be able to buy all the neat organizers to put stuff in, but then I would just end up with cluttered organizers. Mainly, I just have to force myself to start throwing things away. This is one of those procrastination things which I have no excuse for, except I just don't want to do it.

4 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I think I still win because the difference between you and me is that you hate it. I have taken the Zen approach: I accept and live with it and encourage its growth. lol

carin.c said...

I have those same "to be scanned" piles that I never get around to (and yes they clutter up all my nice organizers!!) but at least I've restricted them to one room in the house, my home office... But that is where I find I feel like I am losing the "battle" because that is the room I spend 8 hours a day in!

heather said...

I have the same problem with the kids drawings and stuff. I have a container under my bed full of it.. and rarely get any scanning done! It's worse when they start making and/or bringing home large 3D items AND they don't want to part with them!!

Roses said...

I hate clutter.

I especially hate other people's clutter in my space.

I can deal with other people's clutter in their space...
I had a college roommate who was a slob, but her stuff never got in my way, so we were cool.

But when the kids leave their things all over the common areas of the house, my head spins around and I turn into crazy lady.
And dropping a jacket at the foot of the coat rack is grounds for capital punishment.