Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Inherited Tribulations

Tuesday Blog Prompt: Inherited Traits: What do you see in yourself that has come from your ancestors? If you have children, what have you handed down?

I'm not sure I should even attempt to answer this one right now, lol. From my previous posts, I suppose you can see it has not been a good weekend and the week has not gotten any better. I have to buy a new vehicle. My precious Explorer has to be put down. It will cost us more to fix it than what it is worth. Still I guess I should ignore all those bad traits I have inherited and which have show up all weekend long and go for the more pleasant ones.

My great grandfather was Native American Indian and from him I have inherited the high checkbones, straight dark hair (which is just now starting to turn grey. Pan who is 8 1/2 years younger than I has more grey hair than I have). Both of my parents were extremely smart and I believe I have inherited their intelligence. I may have even gotten some of their common sense, but not much. ddpup got most of that while bug got none.

NavyNuke resembles me more than Bombshell (who looks like my mother did at her age) and Scamp (who favors his father only better looking). All of them have inherited the intelligence, but only the Nuke has gotten the common sense.

The Princess favors her father but I think that is because the filipino genes are dominate. Although she did get her mother's tiny porcelain features. Indy completely looks like his uncle NavyNuke and has his uncle Scamp's temperment. Ballerina is like the Princess, she favors her mother Japanese culture, but she is going to be much taller.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like you have a beautiful family tink! Im glad they all inherited your intelligence!

carin.c said...

What a group of interesting and exotic physical traits. Must be one good looking family!