Friday, November 02, 2007

A Kitchen Full of Tribulations

Fri 11/2 Blog Prompt: What kitchen items are you thankful for?

LOL. You can take a look at the post below to find the appliance that I am first and foremost thankful for. I love that I can bake two things at the same time and at different temperatures. I also love the center simmer burner so that as I finish one thing I can set it there to keep warm while I finish the rest. Way cool.

I am also very thankful for my Food Saver. BTW mom, you are right. While the vegetables to freeze nicely without any blanching, they do turn out better if you just lightly steam them before vacuum packing.

Then there is Ziploc's new steam bags. I practically use one every day. Clean up is a breeze too. Anything to save time. Quick too. No more wasting veggies. I can start with a smaller amount and then if the kids want more, no problemo.

Template by Mrs. Wresh; Splendid kit (c)Tracy Collins; Font: Walt Disney Script

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Ok, now that is the coolest stove I have ever seen. My dh asked me the other day what did I do when I needed to bake 2 different things at 2 different temps. I just told him that was something that cooks knew how to do.

Rusheika said...

that's a great stove! Congrats! Now I haven't heard about the ziploc steam bags but I will definitely look out for them when I am in the States next weekend! Have a great weekend!

loonyhiker said...

I'm going out to find those steam bags! But...what do I do with them once I get them??? Love the photos of your kitchen! What a great hubby you have!

Unknown said...

LOL, way to go Tammy. Tell him like it is.

Rusheika, thanks. You will really like the steam bags I am sure. Especially with the little ones. Definitely is a time saver. (loved reading how you used your pizza cutter).

Ah Loony, he definitely is one of the best.

Sandra said...

Forgot about the trusty Foodsaver! Gotta love the Foodsaver...store my stuff in Mason jars and seal 'em up before I freeze 'em.

Awesome choice, Tink.

BTW, your stove sounds high tech, indeed.