Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Day After Tribulations

Well we finally made it back from having Thanksgiving with our families. Everything was yummy (and I even managed to sneak a couple of bites from ddpup's table). We stayed the night with Pan's folks in the hopes of flying model airplanes this morning, but the wind put a damper on that one. Oh well, it is nice to be home and I will have to catch up with the blog prompt later. In the meantime, here is this week's camera hunt layout being hosted by Paula Yagisawa at Gotta Pixel and what the photos are:

1. Something that flies: The Blue Angels
2. Landscape: Shoreline across from the park
3. Flowers: Floral arrangement made by a friend
4. Color Brown: The backdrop on Indy's photo
5. A Historic place: I went a lot outside the box on this one. Way back when I lived in Pensacola and worked on Palafox Street near the municipal auditorium they were tearing up the street to repave it. When they ripped up the concrete they found the original brick road from the late 1800's. One morning when I got to work I picked up a couple of the bricks and brought them home; one for each of the kids. But this is the only one that I still have.
6. A Water Tower: The princess likes to take pictures as much as I do and when I was going through her recent folder to put some on her computer to make scrapbook pages, I came face to face with this one that she had taken while I was driving. How cool of a job did she do?
7. A lamp or lamppost: We don't have any unusual or decorative lampposts around (or maybe we do and I just don't look hard enough), so I opted to regal you with a lamp that I had made over 20 years ago. Probably closer to 25 and it is still working great. Paint is beginning to chip though.
8. "My House:" This was taken just before we left on Thursday and you can see that the leaves on the trees are starting to realize that we are really in fall. :)

Template by Paula Yagisawa; Timeless kit (c)Brenda Miller; Font: P22 Corinthia

1 comment:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

I SO love your layouts Tink!!! Yes, you DO quite a bit of "outside of the box" scrapping and I am trying hard to glean from you!!! Now, it's just a matter of catching up with the designing so that I can kick back a bit and scrap ... after all, that's what this is ALL about anyhoo, right? LOL!

You MOST definitely deserved the Princess booth Ms. Tink!!! I SO thought about you yesterday when passing through the living room to find Robert catching the final moments of Peter Pan!!!

You know, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the original Peter Pan with Mary Martin (it was then remade with Sandy Duncan). If you have any knowledge of or have seen a copy of the original anywhere on the net, I would surely appreciate a head's up darlin'! Takes me WAAAAAAAY back! ROFL!

Okay, you and I have ONE more thing in common! I noted that you enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with LOTS of wine!!! He, he ... well, I am an avid red wine drinker and have been since my trip to Italy seven years ago!!!

Okay, I'm off to fix my FAVORITE Thanksgiving goodie - turkey and cranberry sauce on slightly toasted whole-grain bread with a dab (okay, more than a dab!)of Best Food's may o(I believe that is Hellman's in your neck of the woods!) and I do believe I'll have myself a glass of vino and give a toast to YOU and YOURS! Cheers!

Hugs,
Linda