Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Comfortable Tribulations

Tues 11/20 Blog Prompt: What things that comfort you are you thankful for?

Pillows. When feeling down and blue, nothing says comfort like nesting in a half dozen downy pillows.

Chicken and dumplings. The kind from my grandfather's cookbook that calls for a teacup of flour and heaping spoon of lard (okay, I use shortening, but I don't think they had it when the cookbook was written).

Hugs and kisses from Indy, Ballerina and the Princess. Indy is really into hugs and kisses right now and I am enjoying each and every one, since I know it won't be too long before he feels too grown up for that kind of thing.

Pan's shoulder. Anytime, anyplace, anyhow.

And a sidenote. The video card fan in my computer has finally, pretty muchly bit the dust. No one in town carries them so Pan had to order it online which means it won't be fixed tomorrow. So I will only be turning on my computer only periodically (if possible) to do the blog prompts. :)

Close 2 you template by Stacey Jewell Stahl; Papers (c)Tink2Zoe; Ribbon (c)dranet; Filigree (c)spotty; Filigree (c)moog25; Buttons (c)Mom of Six; Fonts: Walt Disney Script, Sylfaen

4 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

WOO HOO!!! Look at YOU girlfriend!!! A BIG, from the depths of my being, CONGRATULATIONS on being presented with the BLOGGERS WITH INTEGRITY award Tink!!! WELL-DESERVED darlin' and I know that I, personally, can't wait to visit your INCREDIBLE blog whenever I am afforded the opportunity!

LOL!!! Even when I'm "under the wire" while sitting here working on my designs, I am thinking about your blog!!!

I just LOVE your "Dinoland" layout!!! Wyatt would be tickled to see this one FOR SURE - he just ADORES dinosaurs!!! I am SO hoping that we will be able to take the boys to Disneyland one of these days ... uhm ... years!

BIG HUGS and I'll work on the comfort prompt tomorrow. Several things come to mind, but my mind is wishing to be comforted at this VERY moment as it is VERY late.

COMFORT #1 for me: I look forward to the end of my LONG day (yes, and well into the night!)when I can climb into bed, grab my soft down pillow, scoot it over next to my darlin' and snuggle up. Once my head hits the pillow, I am off to LA-LA land!!!

SWEET DREAMS!
Linda

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Oh, oh!!! And a "sidenote" from mwah! I forgot to say that I hope you receive your video card fan ASAP! ENJOY your downtime and I'm sure that you'll have something VERY challenging awaiting me when I return!!!

Meg said...

Mmmmm, chicken and dumplings, love that dish!!!

And algebra in the third grade? Seriously? I was an algebra tutor back in the day, but that was in middle school and high school!!! These kids amaze me. How the heck are we supposed to keep up?

Unknown said...

I love the layout.

Lucky you still being the recipient of children's hugs & kisses, my boys have grown out of it.