Monday, November 12, 2007

Friendly Tribulations

Mon 11/12 Blog Prompt: What friends are you thankful for and why?

I'm pretty thankful for all my friends. Close friends I can count on my hands. They are close because I know they will be there for me, as I would be there for them. You know the ones. The ones you call when you had bad day at work, when the kids did something so incredibably stupid you wanted to strangle them, when the hubby is just being irritable.... the ones you can tell anything to and know it won't be repeated. The ones you can confide your deepest dreams and fears, knowing you won't be laughed at.

But I am going to confide something to you now.... Most of my best friends are my family. My husband, my children, my mother, my sisters, my in-laws. They are the ones who know my day to day triumphs and tragedies. They are the ones who listen without judging (at least out loud, LOL). They are the ones I turn to when I need a shoulder or to share a laugh. And I am pretty thankful to have them.

Template by Andrea Gold; Pursuit kit (c)Tracy King; Fonts: Distant Galaxy, Aja

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Yes, my hubby is my best friend also. I have that Jaws picture too!! I loved that ride

Unknown said...

Wow what a huge shark, I assume it's not real.

My husband is my best friend too.

loonyhiker said...

I think family is important to our health. Loved your list!

Sandra said...

What? Family that you actually get along with? Call friend? Why, you truly are blessed. LOL. Great post today.