Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tribulations of Traveling with Companions

Thur 10/11 Blog Prompt: We're still traveling....Who is your favorite traveling companion? Or is there some historical figure or fictional character with whom you would like to share a trip?

Pan is my favorite traveling companion, most of the time. Still there is lots to be said about traveling alone. Oh I know the dangers and what not. But the serenity, the not having to come up with something to talk about, the airing out of the brain. Years ago Pan was having to work in another state or two over and was gone for a month or so. On the weekends I would drive to whatever town he was at and spend the weekend with him. I really enjoyed just leisurely driving to get there.

There is also a lot to be said about having a travel companion and Pan is one of the best, most of the time (I know I'm repeating myself, LOL). He interesting to listen to (when you can hear him), while allowing me some time to read or cross stitch while on the road.

I can't really think of a historical or fictional figure I would like to travel with, okay, maybe Minerva McGonagal. I like her character in the books and the way Maggie Smith portrays her. I think she would be interesting to talk to and the mode of transportation would be different (BG).



Sketch by Just Ad Inspirations; Fireworks SNL27 (c)bebimora; SNL27 kit (c)Tink2Zoe; Stars overlay (c)Lemonaid; Fonts: TagettesPlus, AvantGarde Bk BT

5 comments:

Tammy said...

YOu sound like me. Nuthin better than the spouse drivin with ya. I love all your layouts at Mickey's house. I have never stayed for the night time parade. Someday I will.

loonyhiker said...

I also love the comfortable silence that we enjoy even when we are together. Hubbys are wonderful!

Denise said...

I love how Harry got that Death eater when he spit on Minerva... just a random thought after reading your post ;-)

Lemon Stand said...

These days I tend to travel by air with my friend... Mr. Barf Bag. Never used to have that problem. The long drives tend to necessitate the accompaniment of Mr. Malox. Walking? Dr. Scholls. Riding a bike? Mr. Bandaid. I haven't tried a train lately... been too afraid I might not have the proper friend in tow.... :oP

Glynis said...

It's so great to be married to someone you can travel with. That's one of the things hubby and I don't get nearly enough time for, but when we do, it's great!