Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tribulations of the Lone Turnip Green

Tue 10/30 Blog Prompt: You knew that I had to have at least one prompt about food , so here goes - What's your favorite vegetable and how do you like to eat it? Or do you have a favorite dish that hides a vegetable that you don't like?

The better question is probably what is my least favorite vegetable (which by the way would be a green pea). But I guess my all time favorite that I would eat any time would be turnip greens. Just with salt and scallions. Okay, maybe throw some cornbread on the side (unlike others, I do not want cornbread crumbled in my greens). But if I didn't have the scallions or any type of onion and cornbread, I would still eat the turnip greens.

As to hiding a vegetable (the green pea) I use to have a lasagna recipe that used green peas instead of the meat. It was quite tasty and the kids loved it as well. Wish I could find what I did with it.

Template by Andrea Gold; Cast Iron kit & Googleye elements (c)DerekMDesign; Fonts: Blood of Dracula, FranciscoLucas Briosa

3 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL.....you sound like my neighbor. He HATES peas and will pick everyone of them out of what he is eating.

loonyhiker said...

You sound so much like my husband! He loves turnip greens (which I don't like) and he hates peas (which I love). If you ever came to visit, I guess I could always watch the 2 of you eat dinner!

Sandra said...

I prefer collards, but greens of all sorts are good. Not too popular at my house, though. Must wait for mother-in-law to visit so we can eat a pot together. Good choice!