Thursday, October 18, 2007

Foresworn Weather & Tribulations

Thur 10/18 Blog Prompt: Let's do some more descriptive writing. Creatively describe the weather in your area right now.

As the rain steadily pounds the skylight, I can hear the wind whispering in the distance. It is 8 o'clock in the morning but it might as well be midnight as the sky is dark and gray. Soon I will have to leave for work and try to run in between the racing raindrops to avoid getting soaked. Oh, but listen the rain is slowing to a trickle, now just barely dripping from the leaves of the tree in front of my window. Yet will my luck hold and the rain be staved until I am safely ensconced in my cubicle at work? Or will I be forced to search for an umbrella to rescue me from a torrid storm? Only time will tell.

Template by SVdesign; Wild Tropics paper (c)Dahlia Co Designs; Fonts: Copperplate Gothic Light, Kyanna, Ardenwood Demo

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautifully done Tink. I just love the way everyone writes. So creative. Beautiful layout.

Denise said...

Wow, I'm beginning to think I may be the only one having a sunny fall day. I like how you slowed the rain down to a trickle. I think I may have to listen to the next rain storm.

Anonymous said...

Great page!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammy.

And Denise, we have had enough hot and sunny days to last more than a lifetime. We really needed the ran, just not in the form it came in yesterday. And we are still storming today, not as bad though.

Thanks Bug, I'm surprised you didn't ask for it as Brains is on the page, LOL.

ArtcTrish said...

Tink! What a wonderful writer you are!!!! Very descriptive without being too wordy....very impressive and so are those LO's!!!!

Enjoying all your rain? Nearly 18"...wish we'd get more!