Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Packrats Rule the Tribulations

Wed 10/3 Blog Prompt: Okay, here's another one: You can tell a lot about a person by the state of their desk/workspace. What does your say about you?

Okay, I was seriously going to ignore this one. Mainly because I would just be repeating what I said about my keyring. But as I sit here resting for a few minutes before I have to go after KFKAP again (more about that in a moment), I realized that if I don't do it today, I probably will come up with an excuse tomorrow (though tomorrow's would be a real excuse).

So for better or for worse, my desk will tell you I am a packrat. I have 3 cameras sitting here, maps to Disney, a telephone, the computer (of course), a printer that needs servicing, headphones, a margaritta glass full of water (what did you think I was going to be drinking at one in the afternoon?), Q-tips, highlighters, pens, an airplane, card readers, lotion, cotton balls, a brush, a glass full of receipts, cd's and pictures that need to be filed. Do you feel better now? LOL.

And for Michael at The Wonderful World of Nothing Worthwhile, I give up. Every time I try comment to your "Can the Perfect Post be Written," my phone rings (isn't that scary). So here is my comment: If you are going to write the perfect post, leave out the teary stuff. I won't read if it is going to make me cry. There, I've commented now.

And with regard to your podcast (and yes I did listen VBG), I would suggest you don't give up your day blog just yet, LOL.

Now about KFKAP. I don't know whether to kill him or have his IQ tested. I really hate cats on counters or tables. So where do you guess he goes when I'm not looking? Right, the counters. I have chopping blocks and cookie sheets balanced on the edge of my counter so that if he jumps up he will fall and make a terrible racket. Took me a couple of times to get it just right, but I think it is working to keep him off. I hope.

That's the kill stuff, but the genius stuff, well. KFKAP doesn't meow much. He's a pretty quiet cat so when he does, Pan or I check up on him pretty quick to make sure he hasn't hurt himself (he does have a tendency to fall off beds and over things when he is playing). So when he meowed yesterday I really took off as he sounded like he was in terrible pain. Down the hall I go when out of nowhere he jumps me then runs like heck to the bedroom, peering around the door to see if I am chasing him. Guess I better read him the story about "Peter and the Wolf."



Credits for all 3 layougs: Template by Pencil Line Sketches; Provance kit &Stitching (c)Vendula Sediva aka Natali; Fonts: Walt Disney Script, Primer Print

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys were tiny back then!!!

Unknown said...

LOL So was the Princess.

Sandra said...

Packrat? We all are, to some degree. I only do it with craft supplies and office products (but that's "stash" and don't count). Clothes and housewares get passed out to others or I would lose my ever-lovin' mind.

More great layouts! I went to Natali's blog and got that Provence freebie. Thanks so much for sharing...I learn so much from you!

Glynis said...

Your desk sounds eerily familiar :) and what wonderful layouts you shared!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

ROFL!!! Tink, you are a HOOT girl! Oh, I mean, HELLO there NINJA ASSASSIN ... I shall watch myself so as not to get into any trouble, eh? LOL!

BEAUTIFUL layouts - you have been quite busy AND productive!

Desks? Hmmm ... well, I don't tend to do well in clutter, so mine is usually pretty clean, HOWEVER, I find that my desk tends to start gathering small piles of notes and such when I am VERY productive!!! Guess that is a GOOD sign, yes? LOL!

Okay, I just HAVE to ask, what does KFKAP stand for? Does he respond to that name? Do I want a cat? Well, we at one time had ten of the SWEET darlins', but living in the country makes them easy targets for coyotes and we are down to three. HOPEFULLY, these three will stick close to home and allow our fencing and two Golden's to keep them safe and out of harm's way. Sometimes we awake in the middle of the night to the eerie yapping they do when they've caught their prey. I cringe and just hope that I count THREE precious little kitty heads when I arise in the morning.

We, at one time, had our cats in the house, but it just got to be a bit much and we had the same difficulties with them creeping upon the counter when we were none the wiser .... of course, that would be when we were either away or sleeping!!!

LOVE your Peter Pan video!!!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I tend to sweep (think wide sweeping arm thing here) everything that piles up on my desk into the cavernous drawer below it... Occasionally I will organise the drawer ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Sandra, I just pass along what I get and hope that someone else gets to meet some awesome designers in the mix.

LOL, Glynis, I think we already established that us geeky type people seem to have the same type of deskapades. :)

Hi again Linda. Glad to see you here and enjoying yourself. KFKAP was rescued from being run over by my daughter (she nearly ran him over) and instead of letting him die, she took him in, got him his shots, the kids named him Prince and then she found out she wasn't going to be able to keep him. So he ended up here where Pan promptly named him Kitty Formerly Known As Prince (KFKAP). Pan is of that Purple Rain era and so on. And thanks on the Peter Pan ad. Disney was offering it some months ago as a Blog toy and it just seemed to good to pass up.

Oh Q, how I wish I had a drawer I could sweep everything into, LOL. Unfortunately my desk does not have drawers. Oh well, maybe next time (BG)