Saturday, October 06, 2007

50 years and counting, with some Tribulation

Did you know that yesterday, October 4, marked the 50th anniversary of Spaceflight? Do you know or remember the first object launched into the space? How about the first man in space or the first men to walk on the moon? To find out answers to these and more check out Space.com's "50 Years of Spaceflight: Astronauts Ponder the State of Exploration." Then click on over to "Timeline: 50 Years of Spaceflight," which begins sometime in the 11th century and brings us forward through the 50th anniversary. And if you want sometime more visual check out the video interview "50 Years in Space" with Scott Hubbard of SETI Institute.



Template by Andrea Gold; Tropical Fun kit (c)Nana's Attic; Fonts: Toon Town Industrial, Bethel

4 comments:

Neverland Scraps said...

LOVE the layouts! Thanks for your sweet words over at my blog. Im glad you found Neverland ;) I'll be checking up on Tink every once in a while :)

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

ROFL!!! OMGosh Tink!!! You have me CHUCKLING from the inside out!

Yes, you and Robert would NO doubt make quite the pair of "practical jokers"!!! He got a HEARTY chuckle out of me telling him about the 25 years of birthday cards to your father from around the world!!! He is also QUITE interested in how you managed to have them sent from around the world!!!

We have SO much humor in the family (his side and mine), that if we were ALL to get together we'd make the makers of DEPENDS very wealthy!!! ROFL! He, he ...

Oh, and I REALLY rolled when I read your comment about the CLASSY, WANNABE Italian lady!!! LOL! My eyes are watering as I type!

Okay, SO I suppose I will eventually change my LOGO and BLOG to a Hawaiian theme as that is where I met my birth mother AND the WONDERFUL man in my life is a "hapa-houlie" (half Hawaiian, half Cajun!) and was born in Hawai'i along with his seven siblings!

I am a LOVER of languages and cultures and I must admit that my stay in Italy is one that I will NEVER forget! Ahhhh ... Italia ... la vita dolce!

Ciao bella e sogni d'oro!

P.S. I just realized that I have not yet added your blog to my site and am on my way to do that NOW! You are a DEFINITE must-read and I am simply LOVING all of your WONDERFUL Disney layouts!!! Long live PETER PAN!!! WOO HOO! Just had a flashback to the original played by Mary Martin! I was TOTALLY captivated ...

Michael C said...

Ahhhh, sputnik. Science's greatest after thought. The beep hear around the world ;-)

Census said...

Tink your layouts are wonderful. I love the colours you have picked! They are beautiful!!