Thursday, October 11, 2007

Brain-Dead Tribulations

Oh Roses, I was going to write about the memory thing, but what happened today far surpassed even that (and if you haven't read it, head over to All Hail Google at ACK! THBBBT!)

A call came in from a woman we'll call Mad Mom. Rest1 answered the phone and this is the conversation I heard:

"I'm sorry The Boss isn't in right now. Would you like to leave a message?"
"Huh? You want me to do what? Ma'am I can't do that. Maybe you should just drive over and check it out?"
"Mmmmm, ma'am, this is a busin... Yes ma'am I understand you know The Boss."

Normally I just ignore calls so I can concentrate on money, since that is my primary reason for being there, but this really caught my attention. So after Rest1 got of the phone I asked her what the problem was.

It seems Mad Mom couldn't get a hold of her daughter's school and didn't want to take the time to drive over. She wanted us to call them for her. **blink blink** (a bou and roses blink). HUH? What the? While going over what procedures needed to be taken, Mad Mom called again to give us the correct phone number. She had given us the wrong one.

Anyway, I called the school and guess what, they answered. I told them who I was, that I was with the newspaper and that Mad Mom wanted us to call because the school wasn't answering the phone when she called. The woman who answered and I had a good laugh about it and decided that was really a first for both of us.

Rest1 called Mad Mom back but at that point my job was done with regards to the phone call and I have no idea how she handled her. I think I would have told her to jump off a bridge.

3 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

**Bou & Roses Blink**

LOL! Just as an aside, I wonder how Bou and Roses feel about naming an official cyber emotion? Just sayin'... :o)

Lukie said...

I am sure that Mad Mom called the police before she called you. She is one of those "I cannot believe they called 911" calls. I heard one where a guy wanted the police to clean the ice off his windshield. Why??? because it would be dangerous to drive that way and wasn't it their job. To keep the roads safe.

loonyhiker said...

That is pretty typical for some schools because they are busy...educating! LOL It was handled in a better way than I would have handled it!