Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Zen Ho

Blog Prompt: Ayurveda is the conventional Hindu system of medicine, founded chiefly on naturopathy and homeopathy. Have you ever tried an unconventional method of healing? What are your thoughts on it?

Other than my little Chinese Zen garden, I can't say I have ever tried an unconventional (by western standards) medical system. That is not to say I have never thought about it. Well, maybe this isn't entirely true. I do have a Neti pot that I keep forgetting to use. As I understand they are more effective if used as a routine cleaning agent. So I guess I so use an unconventional medical system. Although I don't see that it is that much different than using a saline spray prescribed by your physician. Maybe one day I'll even get brave enough to try out one of those ear candles. But acupuncture is out. I hate shots, so have no inclination or desire to have someone stick pins into me.

My Discovery (c)Alexandra Brandwein; Template 13 by Racketty Scrappety, Fonts: Arial, Procelain

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Since you and Tammy both have Neti pots, maybe someday (but not anytime soon) I may give it a try. If I get one, I sure hope it comes with directions! :)