Saturday, March 21, 2009

Knock Knock

Okay I admit it. I have smart kids and grandkids. Sometimes too smart for their own good.

Nuke was about 3 or 4 when he found a screwdriver. Why are screwdrivers so fascinating to toddlers? Is it that they are long and slender and make good weapons? Or is just the handle feels good to hold?

No matter what the reason, Nuke found a screwdriver. What I didn’t realize was that he knew how to use it. That is until I went to open a bedroom door and the doorknob came off in my hand. And the next bedroom door and the next and both bathrooms, the hallway closets… Name a door and he took the screws out of the doorknobs.

"NUKE bring me those screws right NOW." I spent the rest of the afternoon replacing the doorknobs and extolling the virtues of leaving screws in the doorknobs to a very inattentive child.


Brenda Miller (template); Homemade Memories (c)DigiDiva; Font: Summertime

No comments: