Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Blog Prompt: Quote of the Day

What is your favorite quote and how does it apply to you?

"God gives ever bird its food but He does not throw into its nest." ~J.G. Holland
I think this quote encompasses my core belief in that you are responsible for your actions. I remember Nuke, jokingly, telling me that I shouldn't have such high standards, then I wouldn't have passed them on to him.

These words mean more than ever today when we are faced with the onslaught of the "gimme's." So many believe that they are owed because of some slight they perceive. Or slights/wrongs perpetrated upon their families in the past.

The selfishness is so depressing, and made even more so for me, since I have discovered someone close to me, is now one of those people. Maybe one day they will see this quote and realize the strength behind it. I hope so.

Katy Koo (c)Karen Lewis; Fonts: Arial, Aristotle Punk, Bernard, Brushed

3 comments:

Evangelesse said...

Wonderful layout Tink! And, love that quote!

loonyhiker said...

Great post! I think this also goes hand in hand with "God helps those who help themselves." I'm so tired of everyone who things everything is owed to them. They need to put a little elbow grease and hard work into achieving their goals and maybe they will get what they want! Thanks for sharing!

Glynis said...

I, too, am one of those who believe that you're not entitled to the perfect life just because you breathe air. That's a fantastic quote!