Thursday, March 05, 2009

Blog Prompt: Face to Face

When you come face to face with a difficulty what is your first impulse?

Face to Face with difficulties have me wishing I could turn tail and run to the nearest ostrich hole and bury my head next to the world's largest chicken.

But we all know that really does not solve anything, so I buck it up, stick my chin out and hope that I can bear it.

I would like to say that I always succeed, but I don't. Not even half the time. Most times I feel like the world's largest coward. I don't like confrontations and just about do anything to avoid them. Compromise, agreement, just backing down totally. All so I don't have to come Face to Face with my difficulties.

But then there are those things which I have to face. As when Scamp was in Iraq and Afghanistan. Or Nuke was on the sub. I worried, but still had to maintain a life here at home. It's a wonder I don't have ulcers.

Birds of a Feather (c)retrodiva {designs}™; Alpha by dozibar; Template 3 by Athena/Studio Incognito; Fonts: Arial

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

You do a great job of facing adversity! I wish I had your strength and courage to face all that you do.

Tammy said...

Oh you are so right about what you said. I had to do the same as your when my brother was over in Iraq for my parents sake. But we all made and everything worked out that year.

Love the layout. Very special.