Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blog Prompt: Would you?

Take a book or dictionary, hold it closed with the spine in your lap. Now remove your hands and let it fall open. Close your eyes and place a finger on the page. What is the closest word to your finger? Write a paragraph around that word.

My word happens to be “would”. Since the book I chose was “Dune” by Frank Herbert, the one I am currently reading, one would think that I would get something a little more interesting. More along a science fiction line, but that would have been asking too much, I think. I must also admit I have never stopped to think how I would use “would” in a paragraph as the main word. The one I would wrap the paragraph around. What really is interesting is that the multiple use of the word “would” has not yet set off the grammar check. Though I would not know what I would do if it did start pinging all the woulds. It doesn’t like the ‘s’ on the end, as I would imagine that really would not be a word.

Hazy Summer (c)A Work in Progress; template by Jen*uine Artistry; font: Century Gothic

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I am truly amazed at how you would use the word "would" so craftily! :)