Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Blog prompt: Daily Traditions

Almost all of us have some kind of annual tradition; but what about daily traditions? Do you all sit down together at dinner? Have special times and places for homework? Bedtime routines that almost never waver? Let's hear them all

We really don't stick to a routine of any kind around. We just don't know when everyone is going to be available. Unlike my sister, by whom you could set a clock. That I am not kidding about. She has set times for everything.

About the only thing that comes close to a daily tradition would be doing homework with the Princess. Every day she comes in, unloads her backpack and says "Tink, I need your help." So we sit down and go over what she is suppose to be doing. I think she gets a thrill out of seeing me waver between having no idea what her homework is about or getting frustrated because I can't make her understand what I'm explaining without just giving her the answer. Still it is loads of fun to work with her and have our time together.

My Funky Monkey (c)Connie Prince; Template by Brenda Miller; Font: Arial

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

I think it is awesome that you are there for Princess. (And I think I am more like your sister than you! LOL)

Tammy said...

Thats why I don't think I could've home schooled my child. Maybe when he was a lot younger, but during High School years!!

I'm so glad you are there for her.