Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Collecting Tribulations

Wed 1/3 Blog Prompt: Does anyone you know collect unusual things or have an excessive amount of something? Do you?

Before I answer this I would like you all to know that Scamp will be celebrating his 28th birthday this year. Wooo Hoooo and Hoo Rah.

Now back to the post. Let's see I collect..... EVERYTHING. I hate to through anything out in the event it may be something I need later or be determined to be important or of value. I am learning to throw things away though. It is just taking time.

I do have a vast collection of paper scrapbooking supplies and cross stitch. Enough that they have their own room (they do have to share though).

Pan collects Halloween decorations and Franklin Mint pewter Star Trek pieces. Bombshell collects souvenir spoons; Scamp collects Marine Corps items and Nuke collects cameras and computers.

Nothing unusual or outrageous here I don't think.

Pictures from Hawaii:
Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Honey & Scamp

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
The Kiss

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Family Portrait

9 comments:

Denise said...

Love the pictures! And I'm with you, collecting everything until I moved, then I toned it down some.

Anonymous said...

I remember having a girlfriend look through my mom's house and she asked about my mom's glass collection. "What glass collection?" I was thinking of something cool that somehow I overlooked growing up. It turns out she was talking about her mason and mayo jars... her cool whip and yogurt containers... I have major tendencies towards that so it is hard for me to toss things, but just space restraints have made it easier! I still have mega paper scrapping things I have held onto, though!

Anonymous said...

I have a huge cross stitch collection too. Which is odd because I have hardly made a single stitch in 2 years

Anonymous said...

I never threw anything out - now I've suddenly become addicted to throwing everything out. Must have to do with "out with the old... in with the new"

Anonymous said...

More great photos! And no, I don't think you have unusual collections. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

Collectors are the easiest people to buy gifts for!

I collect Coca Cola items.

But I will accept chocolate in a pinch.

Anonymous said...

My hubby is a collector, I am the "thrower-outer" lol. Only thing I have to do is to wait til he is out of town, and he never misses it.

Anonymous said...

I collect piles of stuff. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

Does it count that I collect dust?