Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why Do I Dream of Tribulations

Wed 1/10 Blog Prompt: What do you dream about lately (literally or otherwise)?

A little groundwork... I dream in bright vivid colors. I rarely dream about family or friends, although I will dream about places I know. And I see through my own eyes, I don't see myself from a third party position, in otherwords. These 3 factors can make dreaming a little bit disconcerting, as when I first awake it is hard to distinguish between dreaming and reality. Needless to say, I try not to remember my dreams. But sometimes it is hard to forget them.

The last couple of weeks the dreams have been strange, bizarre and to a degree, scary. The one I recall the best is one that actually includes Pan (that in itself is strange).

We were touring Hawaii (I wonder where I thought up that one, LOL) in a beat-up camper truck when we paused at the top of a mountain where a bunch of people were gathered looking down into a valley. Curious we debark from the truck and walk over to see what they were looking at. Down in this valley were a bunch of zoo workers feeding alligators, except something went wrong and the alligators started eating the workers.

At this point I really want to wake up; but my dream has other ideas and off to sleep Pan and I drift. On the mountainside, in the grass; not as one would suppose, in the camper truck.

When I awake in the dream, we are still in the grass on the mountainside, but now we have a sheet over us and a brick house behind us. I get up to walk around the house where I spy a chain link fence with a bunch of silver trash cans next to it and the house on the right hand side. On the other side of the fence is a photographer taking a picture of a huge alligator, which suddenly starts to charge at the photographer. I yell out for her to be careful, when everything rewinds. The alligator is back where it was and the photographer is starting to take her pictures.

I now notice there is a part of the fence missing by the garbage cans and over them comes a really old woman cackling and calling for the alligator to follow here. I am stunned, literally, in place. I could not believe this old woman was calling to the creature and that it was coming. It started to charge at me and I could do nothing except stand there. As it got right up to me, and I could see my life ending, it changed into a toddler girl with black hair that started nibbling on my leg. Granny joined her shortly.

About this time I woke up, thankfully. For me dreaming is nearly as stressful as real life.

Pictures from Hawaii:


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar

I love this picture and think it would make a wonderful Marine Corps poster. But then I am prejudice.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Every once in awhile (like after 2000 shots) you get one that is fantastic where time seems to stop.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
The happy couple

4 comments:

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

That sounds like a really freaky dream..

Anonymous said...

that *is* a fantastic picture.

Denise said...

Now that dream would keep me up for days... (((hugs)))

Toni said...

What an amazing level of detail to remember from a dream, I never remember more than a vague idea of what it was about. Now I am quite glad, I'm not sure I could sleep again for a while after that.