Monday, January 22, 2007

Geeky Tribulations

Mon 1/22 Blog Prompt : Today I ask you to share your geekiest, nerdiest moment.

Funnnny... To set it up, when Pan and I were dating and then engaged, we lived in different cities. So in order to see one another one of us would drive over on a weekend.

On this particular weekend I was visiting him and the guys were taking him out for the "bachelor" party. We all thought this would be the party to end all parties since he was the last in the group of friends to get married.

Ahhh, this gave me a night with no kids and to sit down at the computer (an Apple IIe, no less, LOL) and play games. You remember those games don't you? No graphics just answered questions to proceed? I loved them, and Pan and I would play them together for hours.

Anyway, about 11 p.m., Pan and two of his buddies come stumbling in. (Yep, they had had a bit much to drink). I was incensed that my night was ruined as now I had to get three boys from making a mess (not the ill kind, but constantly picking things up and asking about them).

As I took things back from them and put them back, I complained how they ruined my computer night. I think Pan decided right then, he was marrying the right person.

Pictures from Hawaii:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
The luau starring (from
left to right): Pan, Scamp
Honey's brother and
Honey's father (they both
have the white pants on)

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
The end of the 26 mile
marathon for (from right
to left): Scamp (in black),
Honey (in black), and
Honey's mother (right
next to her)

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
The Ballerina swipes
the apple her daddy
got right after the
marathon.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

I think I can so relate to you and how you felt having your evening at the computer disturbed by the "boys".

Meg said...

I love it! I'd be mad too, if someone interupted my computer time. And I loved those games!

loonyhiker said...

Boy, does the Apple IIe bring back so many memories! We sure have come a long way! Can you imagine scrapbooking on one of those old dinosaurs. (By the way, hubby can't do anything he wants to do when we are doing what I want to do because we are usually hiking. He spends his whole time huffing and puffing and saying nasty things under his breath!)

Anonymous said...

Yaay Zork. And my personal favourite: Taipan.
I wrote a nostalgic post about the Apple 11e on my blog a few months ago. You may like to read it and take a trip down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

I had an Apple lle in my classroom until just a few years ago.