Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tardy Tribulations

Tues 1/9 Blog Prompt - Two for Tuesday: Do you usually arrive on time or late? Do you get annoyed when other people arrive late or you really don’t care?

To answer the first, I'm always on time unless it is absolutely beyond my control. I remember I had been working at a job for several months one time, when the way I normally traveled was blocked because of a fire. Only thing was they did not start diverting traffic until I was near the site. I ended up being an hour late and the boss thought I had quit because I was so punctual (didn't help that the guys in the office were teasing him about it either). And this was the same boss that I ended up getting to the interview with only a minute to spare because his wife had given me the wrong directions.

And that should have answered the second part of the question. I get most annoyed when people are late. I know I shouldn't but I do and can get rather burly about it, huffing and puffing when they finally get there. It's strange to think that none of my children are punctual.

Pictures from Hawaii:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Look carefully and you can see
Scamp, Honey and me in the reflection


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Pan and the Ballerina

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
At the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Playing in the water. Both
Scamp and Princess told us
that she wouldn't want to
stay at the pool, but we
couldn't get her to leave.


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Kisses (just a fun photo)

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Pan and the Ballerina the
night before we left.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures... in particular the last one.

Tiffani said...

Gorgeous pics and my mom is very punctual and I am not...go figure!I tell her all the time its from her anal retentive behavior when I was a child...lol

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm big on punctuality on a professional level too. But i have to admit that I prefer to avoid specific times in my personal life if I can. I tend to underestimate time a bit there.

mom2triplets04 said...

Oh, I sure hope my children get the punctual gene and not the laid back gene from their daddy. It's amazing that we can get places on time but when you add daddy to the mixture we are all in the car waiting and waiting! I still don't know what takes him so long to get ready when I can get me plus 3 toddlers dresses, shoed and coated and still we WAIT!.

carin.c said...

Great pics. My husband was even worse than I am, in work and personal life. I'm just really bad with my personal punctuality. I am always on time for work appointments for some reason. Guess it is due to my stickler boss that I worked under for a long time.

*love2scrap* said...

man, your photos are awesome! you guys look like you had a wonderful time.