Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Childhood Tribulations and More

Tues 1/16 Blog Prompt: Describe a favorite childhood friend and something you did with her or him.

I overslept this morning; oh not by much. but enough that between the calls from Bombshell and sister and the calls to the office for Bombshell, it didn't leave me enough time to do the blog prompt or much of anything else.

Now it is evening and the Princess and Indy are here; soon to go to bed, I hope. So while I will answer the prompt in my own fashion, I am going to spend some time just rambling; which is what I do best anyway.

First I am going to ask you to stroll on over to Letters from NYC. Leave some words of encouragement as you read through her blog (don't just read the most recent, take time and read it all), she has been through more than most of us can even imagine; and then keep her in your prayers. Michelle, we love you. Colin, we love you too.

Secondly, if any of you have seen my Halloween pictures, particularly the Blair Witch one, the snake as seen on one of the tombstones has been seen around my computer station. We are talking about a 6' realistic looking snake that I have been stepping on and over. Pan thinks it is funny, maybe I should put it around his throne so that when he gets up in the morning it is not quite so amusing (another story here, lol).

But about childhood friends.... I was an AF brat and moved around so.... In Arkansas, my best friend was Donna. We use to catch bumblebees and put them in our fathers nearly empty bottles of beer and shake them up before releasing them.

Many of the years after passed rather quickly in each of the places we were stationed so I don't recall much about friends until high school in Guam, where my best friend was Lorilei. But quite frankly, the only memories I have of the two of us is riding to school in her boyfriend's neon orange vw bug (no relation to sister).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to play army with my best friend growing up. We'd sneak around planting pretend bombs at his grandma's and we'd wait under the steps for her to come out and we'd jump out and yell "KaBlam!" It's a wonder she never had a heart attack!