Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tribulations of a Fortune Cookie........

In Bed...

It has not been the best ending to the week. I picked Pan up from the airport on Friday night and they had lost his luggage. This always seems to happen to him; especially when he is bringing me a bottle of tequila from Mexico or a bottle of Klingon Blood Wine from Las Vegas. The tequila bottle broke; the blood wine did not.

Anyway, it still had not arrived as we were leaving for the dinner reservations and they tried to deliver it while we were gone (so much for calling them way ahead of time and giving them a cell number; we had to go right past the airport and could have picked it up). It came between 10:30 and 11 p.m.

Now back to the story. We had dinner reservations for our favorite restaurant last night. You know the Japanese restaurants with the teppan tables (they call them habachi's here; but we all know that a teppan is a type of griddle and a habachi is a grill). We were seated at a table with.... need I say it? a bunch of children. They were extremely well behaved and our seats were by the adults so it all worked out, especially since it was one of the adults birthday. She turned 28 last night.

Our chef was a great sport and was constantly teasing the woman sitting by me (she kept putting her plate up in front of herself to hide); and at least he didn't throw any raw eggs at us like the chef at one of the other tables accidently did. I stole the his salt & pepper shaker (he had two by the way) and we passed it under the table and put it up on the other side to confuse him. like I said he was a good sport.

Dinner was delicious and I had plenty of shrimp and vegetables. I was still eating after everyone else finished and were cracking open their fortune cookies. They started to complain about their fortunes when I told them it was bad luck to open them while someone at the table was still eating their dinner and that they needed to ask for more cookies. Which they did (okay, I'll be honest I asked for them). They waited patiently while I savored every bit I put in my mouth. Ummmmmmmmmm. I could go again tonight. After I finished we all opened our cookies to discover what treasures lay inside.

Now our son, Scamp, told us one time that when you are reading your fortunes you always need to end them with .... in bed. I seem to be missing one but here are ours from last night:


Your future is as boundless as the lofty heaven ... in bed.
Culture and customs of China attract you ... in bed.
Pray for what you want, but work for what you need ... in bed.


Need I say more, :)

How about some pictures of our limo tour in Hawaii:

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Front to back: Scamp, Honey
and her mom.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar
Ballerina doing the hula
while we stopped to take
a look at the blow hole.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last fortune. ;-)

Glynis said...

too funny, Tink...sounds like a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

i love those restaurants! we have one here but i have not been in so long....made me want to get up and dash out! sounds like you had a great time.

Toni said...

yummy I love teppan - we have a new one opened this week at the beach just down the road from us, I haven't tried it yet but now I so fancy that for dinner - hmmm. Sounds like you had a fun night as well as great food.

loonyhiker said...

I definitely will start adding "in bed" at the end of every fortune I read now! This was great!

*love2scrap* said...

LOL - in bed... don't need anymore kids, here, though, tink!