Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Stories of Your Tribulations

Wed 6/11 Blog Prompt: Let's hear those stories others have told you about yourself.

I emailed my mom on this one (just so I could say I really did hear it from someone else, LOL). The reply I got back was "How far back?" Boy did that make me feel old. Okay, I am old, but that is beside the point.

First she reminded me of my first grade experience with the "playground." I hated that playground. All dust and dirt. I would do anything to keep from going out. Which meant, I usually did not finish my classwork. Now my teacher liked me and knew I was smart enough to get it done, but apparently was reluctant to call my parents. Eventually she did, though and a solution was worked out (I probably got spanked, ). Thinking on it though, probably not. But I would like to know what the solution was.

Then she reminded me of the time that I leaned up against a hot motorcycle muffler and burnt the back of my leg. Knowing full well I shouldn't have been near it, I didn't want to tell her what I had done. That became a moot point after it got infected and I had to have it scraped clean with, I swear, steel wool. Ouch.....

Chillin ©Lisa Carter; Word Art ©Anna Aspnes; Font: DSP Byrd Scratches ©Suzanne Walker

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What a lovely layout!! And here's the funny part. I got burned a couple of times from a motorcycle muffler. The second time, I really got in trouble. sheesh What we remember. hehehe