Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Letters, Daughters & Tribulations

Wed 6/18 Blog Prompt: How about writing a letter to your daughter/son/sister/brother etc., on the birth of their first child.

Since my daughter had the first child in the family I made this one for her. I may go back and write a letter to Scamp on the birth of the Ballerina, too.
Has time every flown since the day I held you in my arms as you are holding your little one today. There are some differences as you are in a comfortable room with the television going while I was in a operating room so to speak.

I do wish I had the letter my mother wrote me upon your brother's birth so that I could pass along her wisdom to you as she passed it along to me. But the one thing I remember above all was her explaining that at some point I was really going to hate my child. Is that ever an eye opener. She went on to say, that the feeling itself is not wrong, but how we act upon it can be. When the emotion is upon us we need to step back and take stock of our options and our responsibilities. And to always remember that it was our choice to have children, not theirs.

You are about to embark on a great adventure and I wish you the best of everything.
Love, Mom
Pink Parfait ©Doro; Sketch by Fei-Fei's Stuff; Font: Worstveld Sling Extra

2 comments:

loonyhiker said...

What a sweet letter! I hope you share this with her!

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

This is WONDERFUL Tink! I kinda, sorta did a bit on Mark's first Father's Day layout. I've had a lot of words running around in my overloaded brain and I just need to lasso them and get them onto paper!

Another FABULOUS prompt darlin'!!! You are SO good at this! LOVING you layouts TOO!

XOXO,
Linda :)